The Stock Room blog go to start
apppro’s take for 03/08/2014 08:30 am EST
“WhistleBlowHard” is latest total disgrace that goes full circle with “Robo-schmobo”!
(Reuters) - “A whistleblower will be paid $63.9 million for providing tips that led to JPMorgan Chase & Co's agreement to pay $614 million and tighten oversight to resolve charges that it defrauded the government into insuring flawed home loans.”
Besides from the fact that those mortgages were from Bear Stearns and WAMU that JPMorgan bought at the urging (forcing) of OUR government back in 2008 to help stabilize the financial system; does NO one else find it disgraceful that the people who participated in the fraud get immunity and a 25% payoff for reporting THEIR OWN FRAUD?
If I worked for any major bank or major corporation I would be in my cubicle coming up with schemes to screw over my customers. When the scam amounted into the $billions I would “Whistleblow” >>> get immunity >>> and collect a windfall payoff of 25% of the billions in fraud settlement $’s that I did!
Harvard Business School will soon offer a new course: “Whistleblower 2.0”. Class syllabus will read:
“Learn how to commit fraud and get a huge payoff with NO consequences!”
REPEAL FinReg & The Whistleblower Law now—the true job & growth killers!
apppro’s take for 12/15/2013 08:30 am EST
Not my words, BUT the truth none the less!
“Ironically the SEC itself reportedly refused to investigate Madoff despite a chartered financial analyst named Harry Markopolos reporting his concerns to the agency for nearly a decade. Markopolos says he came to fear for his life after his claims were repeatedly ignored. So the government had no idea what to do with the evidence it actually had against Madoff, but JPMorgan is still on the hook for not being among the people raising red flags.”
Mon Dec 9, 2013 12:49pm EST
This took a LOT of guts!!
"I think you would be hard-pressed to find any rational regulatory policy that would underlie a $13 billion penalty against shareholders," said SEC member Dan Gallagher, a Republican.
Obamacareless is now TBTF! INSANITY!
Fri, 6 Dec '13 | 7:00 PM ET
Obamacare safety net for insurance companies: Pro Fri, 6 Dec '13 | 7:00 PM ET
Volcker Rule: 1000 Pages of Pure INSANITY, RETRIBUTION & HATE!
Lazard's Gary Parr: Volcker Rule is too complex Wed, 4 Dec '13 | 3:39 PM ET
Dodd-Frank was a poorly written law: Pro Wed, 4 Dec '13 | 3:18 PM ET
UPDATE 1-U.S. SEC likely to vote behind closed doors on Volcker -White
Barry Diller: Idea of settlement is a bad concept Tue, 12 Nov '13 | 8:14 AM ET
apppro’s take for 10/26/2013 08:30 am EST
“The Search for Vengeance!”
These lawsuits and Vendettas against our banking system for something that was NOT their fault, but actually HELPED us out in 2008, MUST END!
If we continue with this Star Trek Sequel: “The Search for Vengeance”, we truly will ALL end up on a dying planet!
The Wall Street Journal
September 26, 2013, 7:20 p.m. ET
Team Obama tries to destroy Jamie Dimon for not toeing their line.
apppro’s take for 09/21/2013 09:30 am EST
Warren Buffett says 1st Amendment is DEAD?
Is that what I am hearing when Warren admits that even he wouldn’t dare saying anything negative about the people down in DC?
(Continued on page 2)
The Stock Room
blog Stocks, Homebuilders, & Bank Stocks on page 2.
blog ETF’s, Water, Airlines, Casino, & Gaming Stocks on page 3.
blog Alternative Energy & Stem Cell on page 4.
blog Rare Earth & Chinese Game on page 5.
News & Financial Resource links on page 6.
The Quote Room 20 minute delayed.
apppro’s comment thread on WSJ.com (click on activity tab)
A Twit’s Thread
To Contact us:
Links & Resources
The Stock Room
The Quote Room
Main Slogan: “It’s The Mentality Stupid”
A SHORT-term mentality does NOT build bridges.
A SHORT-term mentality does NOT create jobs.
A SHORT-term mentality does NOT create prosperity.
A SHORT-term mentality creates NOTHING, but uncertainty, fear, angst, and hate.
Main Principle: “It’s NOT how much you make, BUT rather how LONG it took you to make it!”
STOP the INSANITY NOW! - #StIN
Revised Tax Rules:
1. Capital gains 5+ years* - 5% tax on capital gains
2. Capital gains 2 > 5 years* ** - 15% tax on capital gain
3. Capital gains 1 > 2 years* - 35% tax on capital gains
4. Capital gains 6 > 12 months - 45% tax on capital gains
5. Capital gains under <6 months - 55% tax on capital gains
6. Most critical of all — Institute a capital gains tax of 65% on ALL short sales not directly tied to a long buy by a regulated hedge fund.
*Quasi Buffett Rule > Anyone whose main source of ‘income’ (retired persons excluded) that comes directly from capital gains, should be taxed at never less than the 1>2 year 35% rate—no matter what the cg term length.
** Dividends are taxed at this level—15%.
Main Saying: Don’t blame the Fed… it’s not their fault we allowed a few SHORT-term traders/traitors to use QE $’s to CREATE ‘put spreads’ INSTEAD of CREATING JOBS!
OPERATION DIRECT DEPOSIT
Fed SELLS longer dated Treasury’s and uses that money to buy LOCAL STATE infrastructure bonds.
Lehman’s Principle: The confidence destruction of an entire entity based on SHORT-term re-evaluation of LONG-term holdings due to unrestricted RUMORmongering and GANGshorting! Basically, taking a 30-YEAR something and basing it on a 30-SECOND whatever! End Mark-To-Market M2M!
The 6 Golden Rules – Updated 06/01/13
1. Immediately, reinstate the Up-Tick Rule.
2. Crack down on naked short selling. Require stock certificate #'s when a short sale needs to be covered, including ETF’s.
a. Stop the shorting of ALL ETF’s. This is just legalized naked shorting—makes no sense.
3. Institute some rules on how the media ’reports’ news in order to prevent rumor-boarding. Not censorship… just sensibility & responsibility.
4. Have ALL ETF’s trade on a 20-minute delayed basis. Get these instruments of mass destruction back to what they were supposed to do: mimic mutual funds. NO pre or aftermarket trading.
5. End the insanity of high frequency trading #HFT. PULL THE PLUG NOW ON HFT!
6. Do something – ANYTHING – to reign in the insanity and out of control gambling of the options markets. (Note: My StIN 55% Cap Gains tax UNDER 6 months would solve this!)
“EXPORT THE CRAP OUT OF NATURAL GAS!” - Tax Plan
Ţ Institute a 10% EXPORT TAX to be paid by the buyer at the point of export.
· Apply 8% DIRECTLY to paying down the deficit, ONLY.
· Apply 2% to help fund our Superfunds Cleanup.
· So that NG prices never go crazy, have that tax increase the higher NG gets. For example, if NG gets to $5.50 the tax increase to 20%, $7.50 the tax becomes 30%, ETC. Therefore the buyers wont’ want it and the prices will be held in check.
Truly the MOST disgraceful BUT truthful quote of not only 2012 but the last 10 years!
The Most DISGRACEFUL quote of 2012, so far!
The BEST quote of 2011
The Most DISGRACEFUL quote of 2011
The 2nd Most DISGRACEFUL quote of 2011
In the 2012 elections vote for:
NONE OF THE ABOVE Too late now I guess!