The Stock Room blog go to start
apppro’s take for 04/08/2014 09:30 am EST
Time for this OLD fart to retire!
Hey you old ass, get some Depends and leave the rest of us alone. You caused a lot of #HFT damage.
14 Hours Ago
In a reversal of his more bullish take on U.S. equities in recent weeks, Dennis Gartman said Monday that he's getting out of equities and sticking with cash and gold to ride out the recent pullback, which he called a "long-awaited and much-needed correction."
On CNBC's "Fast Money" on Monday, the editor of the Gartman Letter said simply, "I got scared."
- - - - - - - - - -
Point missed here by most is that Gartman got the trots on Friday at around 11:00am by his own admission. He screamed fire/sell and then went to his own account to short the S&P. Now Monday morning he probably sent out his letter to his select groupies, BUT waits for Monday at 5:00PM to scream it to everyone else. Come on—front running his NEW short positions while most still think he’s LONG!? Maybe not illegal, but certainly morally bankrupt!
apppro’s take for 03/30/2014 04:30 pm EST
What the hell are we doing?
Options Action: Trade that spooked the market
What the hell are we doing people? This was SO BAD that while it was actually happening and everyone on TV had their eyes glazed over and their mouths wide open in amazement, I made seceral Tweets commulating with: “Now I'm scared. @jimcramer actually totally agreed with ME when I said Obama's UNWARRANTED war talk caused 1:00 crash”but it wasn’t the Prez, it was that disgraceful options “bet”!!! Combine that insanity with the short-term gambling of the ensuing HFT algo’s that kicked in out of sheer HFT ignorance, well what we got was a 100+ point “FLASH Swing”! The market did try to recover, BUT the damage to INVESTORS psyche had been done and the day ended with an additional sell-off!
All of this must come to an end or we all will!
2 Hours Ago
“Dan Gallagher, SEC commissioner, shares his thoughts on shareholder activism and regulatory reforms. Also Gallegher weighs in on high frequency trading and why the perception that it's not fair to "the little guy" is a "reality" that needs to be addressed.
SEC Commissioner Dan Gallagher said Friday he believes the perception that high-frequency trading hurts the "little guy" has become reality.”
apppro’s take for 03/15/2014 08:30 am EST
The Year of the ‘Whistle-blowhard’ & continuing FinReg HORROR!
Have you seen the new Ponzi lawsuit against JPMorgan?
Firstly, this was another WAMU legacy scheme that went into receivership in 2008 by the infamous FDIC. So, we immediately have to ask:
· Why the hell didn’t the FDIC see this fraud when they went thru WAMU’s books?
· We also need to ask why NO one at WAMU ever reported the scheme?
· This was a Canadian customer, so why didn’t any Canadian authorities or the SEC or bank regulators or or or… see this scheme?
· Let’s also remember that JPM was nicely (forcefully) asked to buy WAMU to help prevent a catastrophe in 2008. There was NO time to vent the books or see what was “under the hood”; JPM was just trying to help this ungrateful Nation!
Also, try to remember what was happening at this time. Bear Stearns had already failed. > Lehman’s was failing. > Everyone was calling for the World to end. > Basically we were ALL in chaos mode. JPM took over WAMU in late 2008 right in the middle of all this insanity. Any reasonable person MUST assume JPM was more concerned about saving WAMU’s depositors and getting this integrated. Who knew that Shelia Bair’s horror of an FDIC had sold them a Ponzi scheme!!!!
So what happened, a few months later in 2009 someone at JPM “says” he saw the fraud but really did NOTHING about it! Didn’t report it, didn’t issue a SAR, and basically just helped the Ponzi scheme along. Then obviously someone else called him on it or it became so obvious that JPM shut the account down.
NOW this same conniving jerk took a few classes in “Whistleblower 201” (see prior post) and now wants his 25% in extortion money.
This is an outrage and another flaw of Obama’s (Warren’s) continuing bank hate thru the horror of FinReg!
These people want to sue someone? Then go sue Shelia Bair and her ex-horror of an FDIC!
REPEAL FinReg & The Whistleblower Law now—the true job & growth killers!
(Continued on page 2)
The Stock Room
blog Stocks, Homebuilders, & Bank Stocks on page 2.
blog ETF’s, Water, Airlines, Casino, & Gaming Stocks on page 3.
blog Alternative Energy & Stem Cell on page 4.
blog Rare Earth & Chinese Game on page 5.
News & Financial Resource links on page 6.
The Quote Room 20 minute delayed.
apppro’s comment thread on WSJ.com (click on activity tab)
A Twit’s Thread
To Contact us:
Links & Resources
The Stock Room
The Quote Room
Main Slogan: “It’s The Mentality Stupid”
A SHORT-term mentality does NOT build bridges.
A SHORT-term mentality does NOT create jobs.
A SHORT-term mentality does NOT create prosperity.
A SHORT-term mentality creates NOTHING, but uncertainty, fear, angst, and hate.
Main Principle: “It’s NOT how much you make, BUT rather how LONG it took you to make it!”
STOP the INSANITY NOW! - #StIN
Revised Tax Rules:
1. Capital gains 5+ years* - 5% tax on capital gains
2. Capital gains 2 > 5 years* ** - 15% tax on capital gain
3. Capital gains 1 > 2 years* - 35% tax on capital gains
4. Capital gains 6 > 12 months - 45% tax on capital gains
5. Capital gains under <6 months - 55% tax on capital gains
6. Most critical of all — Institute a capital gains tax of 65% on ALL short sales not directly tied to a long buy by a regulated hedge fund.
*Quasi Buffett Rule > Anyone whose main source of ‘income’ (retired persons excluded) that comes directly from capital gains, should be taxed at never less than the 1>2 year 35% rate—no matter what the cg term length.
** Dividends are taxed at this level—15%.
Main Saying: Don’t blame the Fed… it’s not their fault we allowed a few SHORT-term traders/traitors to use QE $’s to CREATE ‘put spreads’ INSTEAD of CREATING JOBS!
OPERATION DIRECT DEPOSIT
Fed SELLS longer dated Treasury’s and uses that money to buy LOCAL STATE infrastructure bonds.
Lehman’s Principle: The confidence destruction of an entire entity based on SHORT-term re-evaluation of LONG-term holdings due to unrestricted RUMORmongering and GANGshorting! Basically, taking a 30-YEAR something and basing it on a 30-SECOND whatever! End Mark-To-Market M2M!
The 6 Golden Rules – Updated 06/01/13
1. Immediately, reinstate the Up-Tick Rule.
2. Crack down on naked short selling. Require stock certificate #'s when a short sale needs to be covered, including ETF’s.
a. Stop the shorting of ALL ETF’s. This is just legalized naked shorting—makes no sense.
3. Institute some rules on how the media ’reports’ news in order to prevent rumor-boarding. Not censorship… just sensibility & responsibility.
4. Have ALL ETF’s trade on a 20-minute delayed basis. Get these instruments of mass destruction back to what they were supposed to do: mimic mutual funds. NO pre or aftermarket trading.
5. End the insanity of high frequency trading #HFT. PULL THE PLUG NOW ON HFT!
6. Do something – ANYTHING – to reign in the insanity and out of control gambling of the options markets. (Note: My StIN 55% Cap Gains tax UNDER 6 months would solve this!)
“EXPORT THE CRAP OUT OF NATURAL GAS!” - Tax Plan
Ţ Institute a 10% EXPORT TAX to be paid by the buyer at the point of export.
· Apply 8% DIRECTLY to paying down the deficit, ONLY.
· Apply 2% to help fund our Superfunds Cleanup.
· So that NG prices never go crazy, have that tax increase the higher NG gets. For example, if NG gets to $5.50 the tax increase to 20%, $7.50 the tax becomes 30%, ETC. Therefore the buyers wont’ want it and the prices will be held in check.
Truly the MOST disgraceful BUT truthful quote of not only 2012 but the last 10 years!
The Most DISGRACEFUL quote of 2012, so far!
The BEST quote of 2011
The Most DISGRACEFUL quote of 2011
The 2nd Most DISGRACEFUL quote of 2011
In the 2012 elections vote for:
NONE OF THE ABOVE Too late now I guess!